Friday, June 8, 2007

Love in the Autopsy Room!

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. Things have been crazy! Please, please leave a comment if you have visited this blog, as this is the only way I know that I have readers, and should keep posting to Code Blue! Here is a great story!

Once got hooked up on a date because of an autopsy. I'm a Pathologists' Assistant and post mortem examination is part of my job. I was assisting with a case that was of major interest to the cardiac surgery team. As such, several team members were present in the morgue including the Physician Assistant. I was helping the Pathologist with the evisceration and noticed that the PA kept staring at me. Our morgue was very small and cluttered, so at one point he was asked to move out of the way of the surgeon and because he was staring at me he tripped over the suction pump and almost knocked it down, bringing attention from the other members of the team who looked back and forth at us, smiled and shook their heads. I actually thought he was pretty cute as well, but was trying to be professional. Several days later an EKG tech poked her head into the gross room and caught my attention. She told me he had been asking about me and sent her down to "find out my situation". After she left, the same Pathologist who had been part of the autopsy asked what was going on and I told him. Dr. Vanderbilt is himself quite a fun character, and realizing that I was somewhat interested in the PA decided to take matters into his own hands. He stormed into his office, paged the poor PA at the CVU and demanded that he "ask this girl out- for this weekend! Not next weekend" as "this business is interrupting our lab!"

No comments: