Friday, June 8, 2007

A Heartbreaking Experience...

I have placed this story on my blog so people can understand that not all birth stories are happy. Some just don't turn out right, like this one.

Baby Jazmine Stillborn at 40 Weeks
By
Darlene
I had a really great pregnancy. Very little morning sickness, none of the usual discomforts you read about pregnancy. I was due November 19, 2005.
Like I said, everything was great. Even my doctor commented on how well everything was going. I gained just the right weight, and the baby was keeping up with her growth weeks.
I went past my due date, but no problem. They always allow you to go at least a week over in your first pregnancy.
On Monday evening, I was concerned that I didn't feel the baby moving. My sister and my husband said that it's usual for the baby to slow down so close to its due date. So I didn't worry. Tuesday morning during my shower, I felt a kick. Well hello, I said, there you are.
I went to my weekly appointment that afternoon. The doctor could not find the baby's heartbeat. Convinced it was just hiding, he sent me to the hospital for an
ultrasound. It was confirmed. My baby had died sometime in the last two days.
There is nothing worse than giving birth to a baby, and there's absolutely no sound, no baby crying, or taking its first breath. I wish nobody had to go through the pain I experienced during this time.
Jazmine Lucille was 6 pounds, 21 inches long, on November 25, 2005. The autopsy revealed that she had outgrown my
placenta. My placenta was not able to support her after a certain size. Otherwise she was absolutely perfect.
The doctor said if they had known of the problem earlier, she would be alive today. At least I have the comfort of knowing our next baby will have a fighting chance, as I will be monitored closely especially after the 30th week. Thank you for reading my story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

backlink seo service backlinks backlink watch