Sunday, December 2, 2007

Restroom Delivery

After experiencing several complications and bed rest with my pregnancy, I never would have dreamed my baby Jalee would enter the world in this manner.
On May 5, 2004, I arrived at the hospital having some contractions. I knew they were a little different than the ones I had experienced the three months prior to giving birth.

My doctor checked me and told me this was just the beginning of labor. I was not in a good labor pattern yet and my cervix was only 2 to 3 centimeters dilated. "Go home, have a bath and eat something. Let me know if you have any change."

I did; I also took a walk and went to bed. I woke up at 12:30 a.m. (May 6) and knew it was time to go to the hospital. While waiting for my husband to get dressed, I was planting my face into the pillows with my bottom up.

We hit construction on the freeway, made a wrong turn at the hospital campus, and couldn't find parking at the emergency entrance.

After finding a wheelchair, we went up the elevator to Labor and Delivery. The nurse told me to go into room 11, undress and give her a urine sample.

I sat down on the toilet and yelled, "Jesse, her head is out." He said, "Bullsh**, let me see." I stood up, and my baby girl fell into the toilet just two minuets after arriving. My husband was so scared that he picked her up with one hand and started to run. I said, "Stop, she's still attached."

At this point the nurse had pushed the panic button; there were about 30 nurses and doctors trying to get into the tiny restroom.

Jalee was a trooper. She came out screaming and is as healthy as can be. While they were delivering the placenta, I looked at my husband and said, "So much for the epidural."

I left the hospital without even an IV.

No comments: